Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth and also provide a fixed solution to having removable partial or complete dentures. Dental implants provide excellent support and stability for these dental appliances.
Some reasons for dental implants:
- Restore a confident smile because it looks and feels like a natural tooth.
- Improve chewing, speech and digestion.
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth.
- Rejuvenate or enhance facial appearance.
- Support a bridge or denture, making them more stable and comfortable.
- Helps prevent and minimize bone loss.
Implants In Place
Snaps In Denture
Denture In Place
Old Temporary Partial
Finished Implant Crown
A dental implant is a replacement for the root(s) of a tooth. Like tooth roots, dental implants are fixed firmly in the jawbone and are not visible once surgically placed.
They are used to secure crowns (the parts of teeth seen in the mouth), bridgework or dentures by a variety of means. They are made of titanium, which is strong, lightweight and biocompatible, meaning that it is not rejected by the body. Dental implants have the highest success rate of any implanted surgical device.